|Known for the exclusive signature that emblazons some of the most precious and
beautiful watch and jewelry creations in the world, Van Cleef & Arpels is a name with
a long and illustrious history. A family endeavor from the beginning, in 1906 Charles,
Julien and Louis
Arpels, partnered with their brother-in-law, Alfred Van Cleef, to open
their first salon dedicated to the creation of exquisite jewelry designs and fine watches.
The original store is still housed in the Parabčre palace on the famous and historical Place Vendôme in Paris, neighbor to several other famous names in the art of fine jewelry and watchmaking, Breguet and Boucheron.
The House of Van Cleef & Arpels soon reached international acclaim and in 1942, the family opened a New York salon on Fifth Avenue. In 1954, recognizing the appeal of more contemporary designs and lines of fine jewelry, Van Cleef & Arpels opened their signature Boutique to carry truly magnificent creations each engraved with a distinctive serial number. Among the many treasured designs offered by the Boutique were their Clover "Alhambra" chains, the "Philippine" rings the "Lion" clip, the interchangeable "Batonnets" cufflinks, and most notably, the famed "PA 49" watch designed by Pierre Arpels in 1949.
Today, Van Cleef & Arpels continues its proud tradition of designing and crafting distinguished, exclusive and truly elegant jewelry and watches found anywhere in the world.
Luxury Watches at Ashford